How to Donate to The POST
During store hours (Monday through Saturday 9:00 – 5:00), please bring items into the store. If you would like assistance, notify the cashier and a staff member will help you unload. After-hours donations can be placed into an open donation bin located outside of the store. When the bin is full, close the door to automatically lock it. This prevents items from exposure to the elements, vandalism and/or theft.
Please note: The POST does not accept the following items:
- Large appliances
- Refrigerators (the environmental fees associated with disposing of these actually cost our charity money!)
- Baby Cribs
- Car Seats
- TV's older than 2005
- Items in poor shape or disrepair
If you have any questions about items you wish to donate, please contact The POST at (403) 527-0326.
What to Donate
All donations must be gently used, clean and in good repair. The POST accepts the following items:
- Household items (e.g., pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, etc.)
- Baby items
- Small appliances (e.g., blenders, coffee pots, crock pots, microwaves, ect.)
- Sporting goods
- Craft Supplies
Make Your Donation Count
CMHA is a non-profit, charitable organization. We rely on donated items to operate our programs. Fortunately, southeastern Alberta is very supportive! Most people donate items to us with the intent of supporting our Association’s charitable works. You may not realize when we receive donations that cannot be sold; we have to pay to dispose of them.
To make your donation count, please do not donate leave items The POST does not sell (mattresses, beds, refrigerators, baby cribs, car seats, TV's older than 2005 and large appliances). Ensure all items are things you would consider purchasing in a second hand store. If you wouldn’t want to see an item on a shelf in our store because it is in poor shape or does not work, chances are we won’t be able to sell it. Also, please make sure your donations are not left outside the store exposed to the weather. If the donation bins are full, consider dropping your items off during store hours or calling our office at (403) 527-0326 to arrange pickups.
Items cannot be sold if
- They are stained, dirty, torn, missing buttons or worn out
- They are faded, stretched out or pilled
- They are broken and do not work properly
- They are missing pieces or parts
- They have been left outside and exposed to poor weather
- They are items The POST does not carry (i.e., refrigerators, mattresses, beds, large appliances, baby cribs, car seats, TV's older than 2005).