How to Donate
During store hours (Monday through Saturday 9:00 – 5:00), please bring items into the store. If you would like assistance, notify the cashier and a staff member will help you unload.
Tips and tricks for donating items:
- Bring your items down to the POST during operating hours (Mon-Sat 10:00-5:00).
- If you have large items, call ahead (403-527-0326), as we have limited space for desks and couches.
- Consider what you are donating; if it requires significant repair or sanitation, we won't be able to sell it
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- - Mattresses
- - Major Appliances
- - refrigeration equipment: freezers, refrigerators, water coolers
- - cooking appliances: ranges or cookers, stoves, ovens, cooking plates, cooktops, microwave ovens
- - washing and drying equipment: washing machine, clothing dryer, drying cabinets
- - miscellaneous: air conditioners, water heaters, used humidifiers
- - Infant Furniture
- - cribs, baby beds, dressers, changing tables, rockers, gliders (especially upholstered)
- - Large Box (CRT) TV's.
Leaving these items only increases our expenses in waste or recycling, which takes away resources for the mentally ill.
REDI accepts TV's - they are located at 860 Allowance Ave, SE, Medicine Hat. Re-Store will accept appliances - they are located at 509 17th St SW.
After-hours donations are not accepted due to theft and property damage. Please keep in mind, we do offer pick-up service at this time.
Please consider the other resources in Medicine Hat before dumping for the sake of convenience. Thanks again for all you do to support the POST and the promotion of mental health awareness in our community.
Cash donations under twenty dollars ($20) are also accepted in the store. Larger monetary donations are welcomed at the CMHA-ASER office, located at 1865 Dunmore Rd. SE, Medicine Hat. Donations can also be done over the phone by calling 1-403-504-1811, or on Canada Helps.